joseph-taylor-inslee-anderson

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's 1am and I'm not lonely

So here's the situation. I decided to learn how to make cake balls at 10pm tonight (or technically last night). I found this awesome recipe which is pretty basic as it seems in the world of cake balls, and so I looked to our good friend, Paula Deen for some delicious inspiration...

yum!

You can find this easy recipe here:


I must confess mine have not turned out as glamorous as these, but taste phenomenal! I know this because I had two, hence why I am up after a jam packed day at almost 1:00am!

So while I'm up I thought I'd reflect on a few treasures that I have acquired this week.

Treasure:

help:
to give assistance or support to
to make more pleasant or bearable
to benefit
to promote
to serve with food or drink especially at a meal
to restrain from doing something
to change for the better


This is not only Webster's definition of the word "help," this is God's definiton for "Taylor." I am a "help mate" for Joseph. A wonderful, godly woman from our new church shared this insight with us from God's Word this week.


Then the Lord God said.
 "It is not suitable for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Genesis 2:18

Most of us have heard this verse multiple times and it is often quoted at marriage ceremonies, but as this godly woman read this definition to me, I was mortified. Not only do I not make Joseph's life as "pleasant or bearable" as I would like, but I do the exact opposite.

Where are my needs being unmet? Why do I feel alone? Why do I have to do ... bla bla bla. You get the point. To BE help is to be selfless. Needless to say I was very convicted and ran to bring my baby lunch today :) Thank you Lord for showing me my fulfilling purpose as a help mate.

Treasure

This cutie:


I know that everyone does not need the hundreds of pictures I post of her, and in fact I would be completely understanding if there were multiple individuals who predict my daily uploads that will pester their facebook news feeds and sigh. Friends... I simply can not help myself.

She is hilarious.

Clapping after we pray together. Loving her little cross figure we got her for Easter. Kissing Jesus in her children's Bible. Playing hide and seek with anyone willing to chase her. Her sweet little expressions when she watches her new favorite movie, Tangled.

I know most parents feel this extreme fondness and love for their child, and so I simply am here to say that I am head over heels for this little girl and the majority of the time she makes it hard not to have the "fever."


1 comment:

  1. girl--thank you for that reminder. the world teaches us that as women we DESERVE to be served/waited on by our husbands. not true.

    and i love the pictures :)

    hope all is well!!! maribeth

    ReplyDelete