joseph-taylor-inslee-anderson

Thursday, April 7, 2011

All of this inspiration!

So lately I have to admit I have filled Inslee's nap times with blog surfing. I had no idea of this alternate universe exlpoding with blogs of furniture refurbishing and interior design. Almost every day I see a cute new idea that I would love to recreate for my own home or simply just recreate (hopefully to sell!). I have been praying over this very time consuming area of my life and pray that the Lord blesses my ventures in refinishing some value pieces that I have acquired over these past two weeks! 

Worthy Inspiration

Every day I try to read the corresponding chapter of Proverbs with the current day's date. On March 31st I began to close my Bible when it was time for the daily Proverbs reading. "Ive read this one a million times. I'm in a hurry, there are things I want to get done. RIGHT NOW!" I thought. And then a sudden kick from the Holy Spirit convicted me of my pride and arrogance and urged me to read on about the Proverbs 31 virtuous woman (which i was failing miserably at in that moment!). "She considers a field and buys it," "she works with her hands, full of delight." The list of verses that struck me in a new way went on and on. I was encouraged to be productive and thrifty and here comes a scary one for me... entrepeneurial. "Deciding to try something new could mean failure!" I thought. What a scaredy pants I can be! So instead of allowing Satan the satisfaction of paralyzing my desires and God's calling on my life as I try to be virtuous, I decided to try and ask God to help define areas of my life with the sweet verses of Proverbs 31. So here I go on this journey of refinishing and redecorating... all for His glory and through His power.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you Taylor! I know, too, that it is difficult to step out and try something new for fear of failing. But when God gives us talents and passions, we must do what we can to use those wonderful gifts! I can't wait to see all you accomplish!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu can do it Tay! The bookshelves look incredible. I am proud and inspired! I started stripping an old piece of furniture last weekend. There is a product that works wonders, I can give you the name if you need it.

    ReplyDelete