joseph-taylor-inslee-anderson

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nursery in Progress

here are a few updated pictures of Inslee's nursery. There are still a few little things Id like to do here and there but it has definitely come a long way!

here is Ins's flower mobile that I made to go over her changing table. Id like to get a mirror to put on the wall behind it, but im afraid to get one too heavy just in case it falls on her :/


I found this bookend for $1 at Goodwill and painted it a funky teal. Its in little "pops" throughout the room.

 I got this awesome antique birdcage at a little store in downtown Moncks Corner. And of course we had to have a little friend on top!
Oh how I love burlap! I had this white contemporary lamp that I was bound and determined to make work in the room so I got a $4 roll of burlap and used it on so many things and had a ton left over!

 I wanted to display her footprints so I decided to paint this old frame and add a little yellow rose that Nanny brought to the hospital when Inslee was born.
We needed some kind of artwork on a wall so I (hesitantly), cut out some of my favorite pictures from my "Dick and Jane" books and painted these frames to look playful!

The great thing about all of the updates is that I probably spent about $20 (if that) on all of the supplies and new touches (including all of the silk flowers for the mobile and little vase that I got on sale for $1 a piece at a designer decorating store). I prayed over each purchase before I ventured out to the stores, and I believe that God provided all of these wonderful things for us :)

~more to come~


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! Can't wait to see the finished result on the mahogany table! I wish we'd sent the mirror that was in Grace's nursery back with Josiah :( It would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sister your blog is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete