joseph-taylor-inslee-anderson

Thursday, April 7, 2011

In the Meantime

While I am trying to make time to get over to a safe area to paint my Mahogany end table, I decided to take on a variety of home projects. The first one consisted of my two living room bookshelves. I saw some great pieces that had wallpaper backing on them and it really added a great "oomph" to the room! I decided to take my two black bookcases from Walmart and look for some great wallpaper. 

Joseph and I went into Butchies by Design, a great interior decorating store in Goose Creek and realized it was a treasure of a store! We had settled on getting a roll of wallpaper that was going to cost us about $40. I really prayed about spending that much money on a project that I had never done before and wasn't sure was going to turn out. I would hate to waste $40 on a lesson learned (the hard way!). As we walked in to get the wallpaper that we decided on, Joseph started looking at the value wallpaper on sale. I already looked through the pile on a previous day and had no luck. Joseph picked up this beautiful roll of damask that was kind of bluish and gold. The lady helped us measure it out and it was just enough to cover both of our shelves! And the best part about it... it was only $2. That's right, $2.

So with MUCH help from Joseph (I never had layed wallpaper before), our bookshelves are done! More pics to come but here is a before and after shot.

Before

After

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment